Yes, I’m still talking about Siri. If you think she’s not relevant to you, non-iPhone users, think again. Siri is being rolled out in the next gen iPad and all sorts of other technology, including 9 new cars. According to Wired.com, “BMW, Audi, Chrysler, Honda, General Motors, Jaguar, Land Rover, and Toyota were all listed as planning to bring Siri functionality to their wares.”
So, when I talk about Siri shortcuts (iphone 4S and the upcoming 5), it’s time to start listening…
Create text shortcuts.
- Go to SETTINGS.
- Go to KEYBOARD.
- Go to SHORTCUTS.
- Click ADD NEW SHORTCUT.
- Type in the phrase [See you soon!].
- Type in the shortcut [sys].
- Compose a text message.
- Type in the shortcut letters.
- See the full phrase and hit SEND.
Erase a large amount of text.
- Type (or dictate) a string of words in a text message or the body of an email.
- Shake the phone back and forth a few times.
- Click UNDO TYPING.
To restore what you erased, shake again, and click REDO TYPING.
Get Siri to search for a flight.
- Say: “Google search [American Airlines] .”
- Say: “Google search flights from [LAX] to [JFK].”
- Note, if you prefer Yahoo or Bing, say "Bing Search…"
Add emoticons with your voice.
- Open a new text message.
- Click the microphone button that the bottom of the screen.
- Dictate a text message.
- Say: “Smile Face” OR “Wink Face.”
Send multiple photos at once.
- Go to PHOTOS.
- Open CAMERA ROLL.
- Click the arrow in the upper right hand corner.
- Select which items you’d like to send.
- Click SHARE.
- Select EMAIL or MESSAGE.
Now, share with the class: What are some of your favorite Siri shortcuts?